Tipperary Gaeltacht Scholarship News 2014
Gaeltacht Scholarships 2014
Coiste Chontae Thiobraid Árann is offering a limited number of Gaeltacht Scholarships to 2nd level students in the county. Seo thíos liosta de na rialacha;
• These Scholarships are limited to those students currently in 2nd, 5th and Transition Years.
• Applicants or their parents must have been registered members of their local GAA Club in 2013.
• A letter from the senior club secretary (GAA, Camogie, Peil na mBan, Handball) confirming and outlining the applicant’s involvement in the club. Applicants without club references will not be considered.
• Applicants will be called to interview where they must display an enthusiasm for the Irish language.
Closing date for applications is Fri February 7th 2014 but Please note:
Students who have already booked a place in a Gaeltacht College and the deposit paid cannot avail of this scheme
These scholarships are only available in 3 Colleges as follows:
1. Coláistí Chorca Dhuibhne, Baile an Fheirtéaraigh, Trá Lí, Co Chiarraí.
2. Coláiste Na Mumhan, Beal Athan Ghaorthaidh, Co. Chorcai
3 Coláiste na Rinne, Co. Phort Lairge
How to apply
1. Complete the attached application and return it to An Runaí, Coiste Chontae Thiobraid Árann, Lar Na Páirce, Durlas Éile Co. Tiobraid Árann before Fri Feb 7th 2014.
2. Please ensure the form is signed by your local GAA club secretary and your divisional board secretary as both units will be contributing towards the cost, if the scholarship is granted.
3. A reference letter from the senior club secretary (GAA, Camogie, Peil na mBan, Handball) confirming and outlining the applicant’s involvement in the club. Applicants without club references will not be considered.
4. You (or your parents) club membership/registration number must be entered in the appropriate section on the application form.
During Mid February suitable candidates will be called for interview and all applicants will receive a response by the end of Feb.